UPSC Current Affairs
Current Affairs are those events that have a political or social significant effect at the current time. These events or series of events are collectively called Current Affairs. Current affairs can be viewed at the level of a single country or at the global level as International Current Affairs. A significant portion of marks in almost every competitive exam like UPSC, PSC, DRDO, SSC, RRB, NDA, etc. is covered through Current Affairs section.
While if we discuss about the topics or incidents which are relevant to the exams conducted by Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) then we use the specific term ‘UPSC Current Affairs’. The only difference is that the scope of UPSC Current Affairs is quite vast as compared to the general current affairs. The questions can be put up by UPSC related to anything which is relevant to the context of the current affair event rather than direct questions about facts and figures.
Categorization of UPSC Current Affairs
UPSC Current Affairs are mainly categorized into following categories:
November - 22
October - 22
September - 22
Economics & Infrastructure
Environmental Issues & Geography
International Relations & Geopolity
Science and Technology
From Editor's Desk
Types of UPSC Current Affairs explained:
- Economics UPSC Current Affairs:
- Economics refers to social science that deals with the production, distribution, or consumption of any type of goods and services. So, any political or social event that had a sole effect on such activities comes under Economics UPSC Current Affairs.
- Environmental Issues & Geography UPSC Current Affairs:
- Environmental Study is the multidisciplinary branch of academics that deals with the study of human interaction with the surrounding nature in a systematic way. While Geography studies lands, inhabitants, and other phenomena of the planet and their mutual relationships. Consequently, any political or social event that had a sole significant effect on the environment, lands, or its inhabitants comes under Environmental Issues and Geography UPSC Current Affairs.
- Social Issues UPSC Current Affairs:
- Social Science constitutes the academic study or science that deals with the interaction of human behavior in its social aspects as well as cultural aspects. So, any political or social event that had a significant effect on human society comes under Social Issues UPSC Current Affairs.
- Security Issues UPSC Current Affairs:
- Any political or social event that had a significant effect on the security and defence of the sovereign nation including its citizens, economy as well as its institutions are considered as Security Issues UPSC Current Affairs.
- Geopolity and International Relations UPSC Current Affairs:
- Any political or social event that deals with the struggle of a nation to hold control over its geographical entities with an international and global dimension while maintaining the mutual cooperation and sovereignty among the nations are considered are considered as Geopolity and International Relations UPSC Current Affairs.
- Science and Technology UPSC Current Affairs:
- Science is basically the study of nature as well as the universe by implementing systematic methods to collect the data and give the most accurate explanation and predictions about the nature and universe itself. While technology is the application of scientific laws and methods to work out for solutions for the betterment of humanity and perform different tasks more accurately and efficiently. So, any political or social event that may have any significant global or local impact on humanity and nature in terms of health, living standards, mutual connections, transportation, interplanetary or interstellar reach, etc. are considered to be Science and Technology UPSC Current Affairs.
- Indian Polity UPSC Current Affairs:
- In the context of UPSC, any political or social event that may have any significant impact on institutionalized social relationships through administrative and government norms, functioning of the Indian Constitution, Federal Government Structure, Legislature, Rights and Duties of Citizens, etc., all such facts and figures come under Indian Polity UPSC Current Affairs.
- Miscellaneous UPSC Current Affairs:
- All other events that have a political as well as social significant effect or both at the current time but do not fall under the above categories are categorized as Miscellaneous UPSC Current Affairs.
Why Daily Current Affairs for UPSC are necessary to read?
Daily Current Affairs for UPSC are necessary to read on a regular basis because the General Studies (Paper 1) in UPSC generally constitutes more than 20% weightage from UPSC Current Affairs, as it is observed from analysis of last 10 previous years question papers of UPSC. So, it is very important to read Daily Current for UPSC on per day basis by the aspirant. The aspirant must follow this website daily, user can either subscribe for notifications or can join our Telegram Channel (Link Here) to stay updated with the UPSC Current Affairs content which is published daily on this website. The users can find the list of more Telegram Channels Here (Channels List).
While if we refer to the newspapers for the preparation of UPSC Current Affairs, there are many prestigious newspapers that are referred by renowned UPSC faculties to read on the daily basis such: The Hindi, Indian Express, Deccan Chronicle, Dainik Jagran, etc., The aspirant should only read the editorial and report analysis (if published) in these newspapers, as these are only relevant for Daily Current Affairs for UPSC because these contain facts and figures, reports, surveys, judgments, references, etc. UPSC Current Affairs readers must also refer to the monthly publications like Yojana, Down to Earth, Kurukshetra, etc. for daily current affairs for UPSC.
For more information on Know-Hows about the UPSC preparation please visit Here. This page contains all the necessary information for aspirants seeking a guide for the UPSC preparation, one must read the referred page thoroughly.
UPSC Current Affairs in Hindi
Along with the editorials in the Hindi language on the daily basis, we also publish UPSC Current Affairs in hindi. Our team of experts analysis current events thoroughly and curates the most relevant current events as the UPSC Current Affairs topics. These are then published on our website in the relevant category. The students can readily read the UPSC Current Affairs in Hindi, while focusing on the highlighted and bold text because we format the important facts and figures in bold, italics and underlined form. So, that aspirant can grab the content in his/her conscious and sub-conscious mind easily.
Also, the availability of UPSC Current Affairs in Hindi makes it very easy for students from Hindi medium academic background to grab the important content in their mother-tongue. This also eliminates the necessity to search the web or dictionary for typical English words. Thus, it saves time and focus of the UPSC aspirant to a great extent. Hence, it proves to be worthy to read the UPSC Current Affairs in the Hindi language. This shall greatly enhance the deep-knowledge of the Hindi medium students who are always in competition with the English medium background students.